Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a male Kenyi, female Electric yellow, two jack dempseys not sure if male or female, and a red tailed shark and a Pleco. My Kenyi Cichlid constantly chase and bites the dempseys. He makes them stay in the corner of the tank. Not sure what I should do. I don't really want to get rid of any of the fish.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Great title. I had the same issue two decades ago, so I re-homed him. Then, the other kenyi that was in the aquarium went nuts, so I re-homed him too, and swore to never have another. lol

·
Super Moderator
40,491 Posts
Not a good mix...you tried it and it didn't work...time to remove the kenyi or the dempseys.

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
Probably the current problem is the low number of fish in the tank, and having only two Malawi cichlids. The tank is unfocused for any of the inhabitants, so you should decide what you want or this tank. It is no surprise that you have problems.

As said, Kenyi can be a big pain. Adults also tend to be not that attractive. You need to add a bunch more Malawi cichlids. If the Dempseys breed they will take over half the tank. This is all basically a warzone as it is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts