Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crayola sand comes in awesome colors. Has anyone ever tried it as a substrate? Any suggestions on whether to use it or not? Thanks!

·
Registered
5,315 Posts

·
Banned
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Banned
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WOAH back the truck up!!! LOL I want to try it, but is it safe? What about the dyes in the sand??? Before I go crazy and make a purple sandy tank and post pics, I wanna at least make sure I'm not gonna poison my fish with Barney dust. Oh and I'm getting an eartheater for that tank, that is gonna be funny stuff watchin him sift through purple sand...hahaha.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Well I did order some so I guess I'll let you know. They listed it as safe for reptiles so we'll see how it holds up in water.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Do they have Orange? I want to do my ram tank in Orange and black.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Pink Flamingo :eek: :lol:

On a side note, the quality of the sand actually looks really good but WOW on the colors. :?

·
Registered
464 Posts
I bet its extremely dusty

·
Registered
50 Posts
:popcorn:

I'm a follower. I want black sand for my 55 but moonsand is like $1/lb. I'm also looking at color quartz as an option.

·
Registered
464 Posts
rmiller said:
:popcorn:

I'm a follower. I want black sand for my 55 but moonsand is like $1/lb. I'm also looking at color quartz as an option.
It's worth it, just shell out the cash for it. I had a hard time justifying it and ended up doing Quikcrete sand from home depot but had a lot of trouble with it..

This weekend I switched to the moon sand and am glad I did. Cost me $115 for 100 pounds, but whatever.. You get what you pay for :thumb:

·
Registered
50 Posts
In a post on the site someone has a betta in a bowl with blue. Says he's had the fish there for a year. I feel sorry for the fish but the sand doesn't seem to have harmed him.

·
Banned
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cromak said:
I bet its extremely dusty
I read on another forum that it is pre-rinsed so the dye doesn't run all over your kids. Someone posted that they rinsed it to use it in their tank and it was basically already clean.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts