Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's the run down. I've set up a 29g Eco complete substrate, lots of slate caves. 2 brichardi, inch or so long, they were super shy first few days obviously. I added 3 LF zebra danios as dithers, which helped get them out and about but they're still very scared of me. My question is should I add more fish to make them feel more confident? What I want to do is just keep one and add a calvus/ comp and a tropheous but I'm not sure singles of these guys would be compatible? Obviously an upgrade in tank would be essential in the long term. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
You are correct, they aren't particularly compatible. With Tanganyikans such as the brichardi, calvus etc., much of what is interesting is their pairing and spawning behaviour. You won't see that if you just keep single fish. I did understand correctly that you are only going to keep one brichardi?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I were to add other fish I would only keep one, yes, but you make a good point. It may be more fun to keep one species and maybe just see if they brics breed. That would be interesting. So do you think my brics will warm up to me? It's still only been a few days but they dart away whenever I go near the tank. Should I add a few more? Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
705 Posts
try to hang out around the tank more often. bright colors so they notice u. just kinda hang out watching em. then feed a tiny bit. wait some more. rinse repeat for awhile. sooner or later they will realize that you = food.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts