Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, my Malawi set up includes lots of plumb slate at the mo, however i want a change up and have been watching videos of Lake Malawi and want to replicate it more accurately.

Are these Cotswold Rockery pieces OK for the aquarium?
Thanks in advance! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,916 Posts
Nice looking rocks! A couple UK sites I looked it up on state it is limestone and the other says it is dolomitic limestone. I'm not much up on rock composition but I would buy a piece, clean if off and put it in a bucket of water and monitor the pH over a week or so to see if it changes at all.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Deeda said:
Nice looking rocks! A couple UK sites I looked it up on state it is limestone and the other says it is dolomitic limestone. I'm not much up on rock composition but I would buy a piece, clean if off and put it in a bucket of water and monitor the pH over a week or so to see if it changes at all.
That's a good idea thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes my initial thought was limestone and PH levels.

I found myself a load of rock on Gumtree from a guy who had lots left over from a building project. May be worth trying that avenue as will certainly work out cheaper for you.

I have even seen people advertise rock on eBay with local collection etc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.