Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The used system I acquired came with the 36w UV sterilizer. I am having a few issues with it as I go through the cleaning process for all the equipment.

The UV seems to have a bad bulb ( I ran water through it and plugged it in and no glow on the bottom view port. I can unlock the input output alignment part and remove the outside housing and there is some gunky water inside the glass bulb housing (it isn't full but has like 2 TBS of water in it). I think I need to unscrew the top finned part to get to the bulb itself. That part isn't budging so far.

Anyone that is familiar with these have any suggestions? If the glass housing around the bulb is leaking is this thing toast? I might be able to figure out more if I can get the top cap off.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
NM - got it apart and think it's dead. Would cost as much to fix as buying a new one looks like.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
If water is leaking into the quartz sleeve you are better off buying a new one. Otherwise you would need a new ballast, lamp, and quartz sleeve. The sum of these parts would be much more than a new unit.

Andy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts