Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the pictures in the "profiles" section I am having a difficult time judging which of the two I prefer.
I would love to see pictures of personal stock of both species.
thanks
M

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
didnt come up in the subject line but second species is copadichromis trewavasae

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
M.U.

I like the females okay too. They're robust (larger than the C. virginalis gold that I keep) and have some okay fin coloration. The other thing I like about them is that they have a decent temperament. 2 male C.M.U s with 2 male Lethrinops albus + 1/2 doz females of each type and they all get along pretty well in a 75.

Haven't kept the C.T. so i can't compare.

HTHs

·
Registered
158 Posts
C.T. are better looking in person. If I remember...the "fireline" version is the best. It has a little yellow on the edge of the fins. A dominant male is a site to see. I have kept both of these and others and the C.T. is the better looking of the 2. I wish I had pics for you. Make sure you have a tank no less than 75 gallons but bigger is better. They get a good size and although they are not very aggressive, the males can be tough on there own kind in tight quarters. They like to dig a pit next to a big rock and there territory can take some space. The non dominant males wont look as good with both the C.T. or the M.U.. they will swim in the open. Its hard to get 2 dominant males in the same tank even at a good size. But the one that is looks real good. You have to make sure you have females for either one to look his best or you will not get the full color of these fish.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Myrock said:
C.T. are better looking in person. If I remember...the "fireline" version is the best. It has a little yellow on the edge of the fins. A dominant male is a site to see. I have kept both of these and others and the C.T. is the better looking of the 2. I wish I had pics for you. Make sure you have a tank no less than 75 gallons but bigger is better. They get a good size and although they are not very aggressive, the males can be tough on there own kind in tight quarters. They like to dig a pit next to a big rock and there territory can take some space. The non dominant males wont look as good with both the C.T. or the M.U.. they will swim in the open. Its hard to get 2 dominant males in the same tank even at a good size. But the one that is looks real good. You have to make sure you have females for either one to look his best or you will not get the full color of these fish.
I plan on adding one male to an all male 90 gallon in the process of getting stocked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts