Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It was listed under haplochromis chrysonotus at the pet store but I can't find much info or common name.

·
Super Moderator
40,490 Posts
The scientific for chrysonotus is Copadichromis chrysonotus, but that does not look like a chrysonotus to me and not any chrysonotus I have had.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Most likely a mix. Do you have any pics when he was still gray?

·
Super Moderator
40,490 Posts
Mike45 said:
Maybe COPADICHROMIS AZUREUS?
Maybe, but going with that logic, maybe he could be a dozen other types of Copadichromis as well.

The one name they gave you would indicate to me they thought it was Copadichromis chrysonotus.

Maybe Noki will weigh in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The stripe on the dorsal was yellow in the younger pic. Now it is white. Sorry about the bad younger pic

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
Chrysonotus is an old trade name for Azureus. Suppose not a guarantee that he is pure, but maybe at least part.

The younger fish should have had the 3 spots at some point which disappear with dominance, then you get the vertical barring. The 3 spots can come back when frightened.

Dominant male

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
That male Peacock is not a natural Red Shoulder, just call him a Red Peacock of unknown parentage, seems very colorful.

The blue guy may not be a pure fish either, if he always just had faint barring.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts