Cichlid Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Goodwill to look for a 20g aquarium, but they only had 10g (which I already have). Petsmart is right next door so I went in just to take a look. (side note: they actually had nice stock of oscars with fantastic coloration).

I was told that my convict pair (in the 10g) would benefit from having another fish in my tank. The woman recommended two firemouths. I really shouldn't have made the purchase....but I couldn't resist. I've wanted firemouths for a long time. I plan on purchasing a 20g around April 19th, will my convicts and two new firemouths get along in the 10g until I can get the 20g?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One of my new firemouths (the other is smaller and has been hiding since I got home.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I don't know about having 4 cichlids in a 10 gallon tank. If the cons spawn, the firemouths could be in big trouble. Even when you get the 20G, I put the cons in the 20g and keep the firemouths in the 10G.

·
Registered
204 Posts
4 cichlids in a 10g could turn bad real quick.
keep an eye for aggression and set up the 20g asap.

My advice in the future would be to get the tank before the fish.
Even though at times its hard to control your impulse to buy :lol:

Great looking firemouth btw :thumb:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sjwrx said:
4 cichlids in a 10g could turn bad real quick.
keep an eye for aggression and set up the 20g asap.

My advice in the future would be to get the tank before the fish.
Even though at times its hard to control your impulse to buy :lol:

Great looking firemouth btw :thumb:
Thanks. My female convict is the only one being agressive. The male convict hides with the firemouths lol. She chases everyone around until she gets bored and then swims away.

I am concerned about my cons though. When I woke up this morning, their faces were darker than they were yesterday and I don't know why.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I do. And I know that I am overstocked atm. I'll be getting a 20g soon and the convicts will have it to themselves.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.