Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have had a convict cichlid for a while now without any problems. Recently it looks like he got into a small scuffle and had a white area on his face under his eye. It looks like he ran into the tank and a couple of scales were removed. He was doing fine for several days after that but yesterday I noticed that he was being "quiet" and staying in a top corner of the tank and not chasing everyone like normal. Today I noticed that he has a bubble under his eye in roughly the same location that had been affected. His lips also look swollen. At feeding time he did not show any interest in it and I do see a string of white mucus/poop from his anus.

He is in a 180 gal tank and catching him to move to a hospital tank would not be feasible. Does anyone have any thoughts? The mucus/poop issue sounds like it might be bloat but with the other symptoms I just don't know.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I added melafix (sp) today but his face still is puffy. It almost looks like a sunburn type blister. He still isnt wanting to eat and just sits in the corner. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I suggest reposting in illness health and nutrition. You can get the best results there. Supply pictures ,water parameters and temp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts