Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with a single convict coexisting with a red tailed shark. I know it's a cichlid with a non cichlid, but i have read of people keeping red tails with cichlids. So here's the situation, I have two tanks myself(75 gallon Oscar, 55 gallon Dempsey), and it caused my fiancé to catch aquarium fever. So she purchased a 40 gallon tank, and after weeks of her wanting to add fish it's finally cycled. She wants both a convict and a red tail, I'm willing to try the experiment as I do have an old 30 gallon I could pull out of the garage if I had to separate the two. Sorry for the long story, but comments and/or advice would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hey nice to see another local on here. I have a rts with some jewels and a dempsey. It does fine. They love greens so make sure you feed them accordingly. Oh and welcome.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. We ended up going with just the convict for now. I'm also in Hampton roads, but I'm jealous you guys have all the best fish stores in va beach.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Yeah I know and there are no clubs or associations here. I am going to the ACA convention in the dc area in July to network on getting something started here locally. So you have a jd tank? I have a few jd that I am parting with if you are interested.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish I could but I'm already slightly overstocked haha. Shoot me a message about getting something started around here though, sounds like fun.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Yeah I will keep you posted I'm sure they are gonna see how many people are interested in the area.

·
Registered
26 Posts
IM NOT INTERESTED AT ALL haha just kidding so another person in the area I see now we just need to infect him with owning electric blues if you dont already have some , as for convicts I wish I could give advice but sadly *** never owned any so I have no idea about there temperance. I think this weekend however I will be getting rid of some Dempseys either to Flipper or to a local pet store you are more than welcome to picking them up for free , even tho flipper already offered my fish are special they are all gay.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi! I live in Va beach and would also love to see a club get going here. I'm a newbie to all of this. I am planning to attend the ACA convention as well. Good luck with your tank. I have firemouth cichlids, rainbow cichlids, and a rainbow shark. All are doing well.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I knew there were some locals on here. :D I will pm all the locals after the convention so we can get this ball rolling here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts