Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I've had my pair of cons in my 15 for about 3.5 months and they've spawned 4 times now. As of the last 2 weeks they've been VERY skittish. Not to light but if I move around the tank they FREAK and hide in the back of the tank color faded and pectoral fins flying.

They don't currently have eggs but the female has been in breeding dress lately.

What do you think?

·
Registered
284 Posts
How is the water quality? A 15 gal. can go sour pretty quickly, and I imagine high 'trates could throw them off their game. Another thought is a lack of good hiding places. Cichlids tend to be more confident if they know they can hide out somewhere. In a 15 gal. they might feel limited in their ability to escape danger.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Water quality has been fine, weekly 35% changes, 3 cichlid stones, a clay pot, and a plastic plant behind a huge piece of driftwood. I'm gonna add a second filter in a few days (it has an aq20). Im thinkig about rearranging the tank to see if that helps

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright well I think I've figured out partially why, they have wrigglers inside a cichlid stone so they laid eggs around the time they got skittish, so I don't dare change around the tank 8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts