Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,today i turn off the lights in my aquarium for about 15 mins and when i turned them back on my convict went crazy.Its a hour later and he is still swimming from the bottom of the tank to the top along the glass non stop like he can see his reflection
please any suggestions :-?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Probally got spooked by the HUGE AMMOUNT OF LIGHT that was instantly clicked on. How would you react if someone turned on a spotlight after having some time of darkness?
I've been doing a "step" approach to turning on the light strip. I turn on the room light, let that stay on for 5-10 minutes, then click the strip on. They still get a little nuts initially, but better overall.

Do they make a gradual full light potentimeter? An in-line device that slowly turns the bulb to full blast?

·
Registered
532 Posts
This is so normal, my convict used to do it all the time when I had regular, fluorescent lighting. I recently purchased a Marineland LED light that in 1 setting, only the blue LEDS emit light. I turn that on for a few hours, then after he is assimilated, all of them go on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.