Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i have a pair of convicts in with a few other cichlids and i noticed last night the gravel looked like it was mooving and it was actually fry garded by the convicts. the other fish have started to eat the fry so i moved them to another empty tank. should the parents be in the same tank as fry? i think there is more under a rock as the parents wont leave it alone and have dun a hole in gravel. What do i need to do to help the fry survive? like food etc? cheers ppz.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Leave some fry with he parents so they don't get to aggressive towards each other. Your fry in another tank is fine. Make sure you put a sponge over filter intake so they don't get sucked in. You can feed baby brine shrimp with a turkey baster(Target feeding) . They usually come frozen at your lfs. Good luck and can't wait to :popcorn: see those pictures.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I say move 'em. I've had the most success raising fry in bare bottom tanks with air driven sponge filters. Feed decapsulated brine shrimp eggs. Just put a pinch on the surface of the water. Feed 'em like crazy and do daily partial waterchanges.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts