Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a breeding pair of convicts and their fry hatched yesterday (the first time for me). It was my regular day to clean tanks so I went ahead and did a water change. Now all the fry are gone. I'm assuming the parents ate them as both of them have been moving the sand around so they can't be in their mouth.

What do you do about water changes when breeding them?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
If you sucked the fry up then that's how they're gone, but my convict pair always hides the fry when I'm in the tank... Sometimes (my tank has gravel) the fry hide at the bottom of the tank, or the parents put them in a cave and don't let them leave...

If they ate them, don't worry, they'll breed again and get it right eventually. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
They might have moved them but it is possible they ate them . They are convicts so you will have many more to come. Feed them high protein foods and let nature take its course. You will have to many convicts sooner or later. You might be running a state pen. :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.