Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just converted my tank today. I removed the ship, plants and took all the fish back to my LFS. Got the coral sand from Lowes. I also found a couple of 9" square drainage grates at Lowes that worked out perfect for my tank. The rocks are from a local stream. Just wanted to go for something different. I'm planning on stocking with saulosi if and when my lfs get them.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
223 Posts
That's a really pretty combo - the pale sand and the river rocks are some of my favorites.

I've been toying with my tanks for the past couple weeks, and I realized that stacking the rocks a bit higher in one or two sections adds a lot of use to the height of the tank. Before I did this, only my Acei would swim around the top. Since I changed the tank around with two large stacks on the sides and a wide open area in the middle, all the fish use the height and swim in and out of the rocks stacked up there. I'll post some pics or a video tomorrow, right now both tanks are cloudy due to a water change and some substrate siphoning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts