Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new here but I've used this forum many times I'm realitivly new to cichlids but I've had these for a few years I've posted this on a few of the forums I've been a member of and everyone seems as confused as I am. so to my question I have a auratus which I thought was a male from his colors well the past few days I realized that he or she looked like it was holding ( in just gunna say it instead of he she to keep it simple) something in its mouth. Also has been more aggressive then usual the weird thing is that there isn't another male that I know of in the tank if it is a she to mate .another thing is that in the video you can see this rock I tried to video it doing this but it will get super close to the rock and almost vibrate it's tale on it but without any other Cichlid around if any got close it would get super aggressive and chase them off I'm just so confused but in the video you can see under him or her I'm not experienced enough in venting but to me looks like it might be a female but I just can't see how it's possible with the coloring because I've kept a few in the past and never have I ever had a female the color of he or she so I would appreciate someone's experience with this clearly I'm lost I will link the video below sorry if it's not the appropriate upload method I'm just concerned and want to get it out if it ends up being a female thanks sorry for the grammar I'm on my phone and it's hard to type lol.

https://streamable.com/q0bg1

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.