Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently have a 4ft 55gallon setup. nothing special just a pair of julie transcriptus, and 6 neo multies (hopefully more soon to come). im curious wat everyone thinks about adding a group of 6-8 http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/s ... hp?id=1478 Curious if anyone else thinks this may have fowl repercussions. heres a photo of the tank. (blank space is the shell bed) i also could change things up a bit if need be. more rock less rock less shells etc.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
They'd need a rock wall with caves along the back. They're not fish that hang in open water, at least the males aren't. Once you do that, I think they'll work fine.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think they would fit in well. You do need more rock to make a wall along part of the back of your tank. The other suggestion I would make is that paracyps look much better with slightly subdued lighting with tint of blue. Your lighting appears quite bright due to reflection of light coloured substrate. I do accept though that this may be the quality of the photograph rather than your actual lighting set up.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya its no flash on there. its a silica sand so it reflects a lot of light in photographs. maybe ill add some blue LED's for night light. *** always wanted to. thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
I kept and bred both multies and Paracyps together in a 29g. I had roofing slate caves against the sides for the Paracyps. Yep I eventually moved the Paracyps out as they got bigger but its not a rubbish mix. The Paracyps get a bit bullied by the multies but nothing too bad.
About 8 of each.

In your tank yep you could give it a go, if you can provide some high up overhangs or large dark caves out of the way of the substrate spawners.

Yep the paracyps might be happier and show more colour with a darker substate and/or more subdued lighting.

All the best James

1 - 5 of 5 Posts