Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,891 Posts
I would say yes to the oblique, but only a smudge of red on a dominant male. No to nyererei, they are very aggressive. When I had them with all male they were very pale. When I had them with mbuna they were almost black. In a species tank with their own females they were brilliant.

The Ruby green is 50/50. Some report them as aggressive, some report them as timid. I had them in a species tank with females and they never colored as well as I expected.

·
Super Moderator
40,891 Posts
I did find the oblique to intimidate my more timid males (like the sapphire) in the all male tank and had to remove him. He is great in the mixed gender 72" tank however.

·
Super Moderator
40,891 Posts
I prefer the borleyi and consider them look alikes so I don't keep them together. The females are also interesting with the dark gray body and red fins.

Most of the fish in your tank and the ones you are considering including the borleyi and empress need a 72" tank.

I do think the other fish you have already could be expected to intimidate your sapphire.

·
Super Moderator
40,891 Posts
No experience with that Victorian. The Victorians I have had did not color well without their females.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts