Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I put Lake Tanganyika with Peacocks and Kribs? Maybe a few shellies? The tank is a 150 tall 48"X24"x30" tall.

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Sure you can. Do not expect em to do well though. :wink:

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
giddetm said:
Can I put Lake Tanganyika with Peacocks and Kribs? Maybe a few shellies? The tank is a 150 tall 48"X24"x30" tall.
Shell dwellers no. But then, Peacocks and Kribs aren't really a very good mix either.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like all of these fish but I find conflicting info on what can go together. Any help would start me in the right direction.I try to research first instead of throwing anything in a tank and have them kill each other.[/url]

Yellow fin Mbamba +
Albino Auratus +
Auratus +
Aurora +
Bumble bee +
Chalosi +
Clown lab
Cobalt blue zebra
Dakarti Yellow acei
Demasoni
Electric yellow
Flavus
Giant Demasoni
Greberi
Maingano
Orange johani
Red top cobalt
Red top dwarf
Red top hongi
Red top ndumbi
Red top zebra
Red zebra
Rusty
Snow white
Socolofi
Solid electric yellow
White tail acei
Zebra long pelvic mdoka
Fire fish dragon blood
Albino eureka red
Aulonocara rostratum
Blue neon chiwindi
Eureka red jake
German red
Lemon jake
Maleri island peacock
Otter point jake
Red top lwanda
Rubescens
Strawberry
Sunburst
Sunshine peacock benga yellow
Swallowtail
Usisya flavescent
Walteri
Albino compressiceps
Albino Taiwan reef
Aristo yellow blaze (Zimbabwe rock)
Azureus
Big spot hap
Borleyi red fin
Dimidiochromis compressiceps
Exochromis anagenys
Hap fusco
Hap ovatus/Hap sulfer head
Imperial tigress
Livingstonii
Makonde yellow-black fin
Ndiwe fire hap
Polystigma
Red blaze lithobates
Rhoadesii
Super red empress fire hap
Super VC-10 hap
Taiwan reef
Tangerine tiger
Trout cichlid
Turqoise hap
Tyrannochromis macrostoma
Venustus
White blaze chrysonotus
Yellow blaze virginilis
Anchor island
Astatotilapia calliptera
Black orange nyererei
Dayglow cichlid
Flameback
Half crimson red
Hap sp. â€Â

·
Registered
656 Posts
maybe you should have just told us which fish you don't like :lol: Just kidding. Can you make a list of a few that you would like to put together, and we can try to tell you what will work. You obviously can't have them all in one tank, so pick some favorites.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Or just use the search tool and read up. Search "Tang Community".

You could also look at a recent post in this same forum called "My first Tang Tank".

·
Registered
656 Posts
Oh and remove from your list the fontosa, and probably the dimidiochromis, livingstoni,venustus, and any other haps that reach 10". Fish like that don't do well in a 4 foot tank

·
Registered
482 Posts
think seen that list before haha be best to pick one that you like best cant live without that meets your tank size then build around that fish or if you are having troubles picking perhaps get a dart board pin up the names and throw away and what the first one lands on build around that :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
Do you already have the peacocks? Kribs? Anything?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Apistogramma hongsloi Apisto honsloi is one of my favorites and I know it is South American and probably wont go with the Africans so I may have to go with some kind of community tank.I would also like to do Kribensis.

·
Registered
74 Posts
giddetm said:
I like all of these fish but I find conflicting info on what can go together. Any help would start me in the right direction.I try to research first instead of throwing anything in a tank and have them kill each other.[/url]

All male hap/ peacock? That would be your best shot of keeping the most species from your list in one tank successfully.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DJRansome said:
Do you already have the peacocks? Kribs? Anything?
No I dont, the tank should come in this Tuesday so I still have plenty of time to decide. I have lighting, a big pile of blue slate,a giant piece of driftwood,a brand new fluval FX-5, 2- 350 Bio-wheels,and a 300 watt heater. I need to decide before I buy the substrate because if I go with the Africans I would like to use 8 bags of Carib-sea Eco-complete Zacblack.Maybe a few plants left in the pots and some moss tied to the driftwood.

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
What do you want out of this tank? I don't mean to be rude, but both this thread, and the other thread contain ridiculous lists.

The question is, do you want breeding, or a bunch of colourful fish swimming around a tank? Breeding means fewer species, colourful fish means all males, probably Malawian peacocks and Haplochromines... more fish.

But the key is, what do YOU want.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a 220 gal tank with asst. male peacocks and breeding colonies of leleupi and wc black calvus and it works just fine.before the 220 tank ihad a smaller group of peacocks with the leleupi in a 75 gal tank,worked just as well.if you mix male peacocks&haps with tangs just consider the size & agression levels and pick accordingly.i just ordered a tang goby to spice things up a bit.before someone brings up the issue of diet ,i feed my fish exclusively nls cichlid formula.good luck with your tank

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Fogelhund said:
What do you want out of this tank? I don't mean to be rude, but both this thread, and the other thread contain ridiculous lists.

The question is, do you want breeding, or a bunch of colourful fish swimming around a tank? Breeding means fewer species, colourful fish means all males, probably Malawian peacocks and Haplochromines... more fish.

But the key is, what do YOU want.[/quote/]

I am looking for color and alot of fish swimming in the tank and maybe later try to breed some.IMO there is a ton of info on this site and I have been reading posts here for several weeks but after awhile it seems I am more confused than when I started.So I am trying to get a list of the colors I like and narrow it down from there.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts