Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just growing out a group of 13 wild Oscars from Columbia. They are growing well, the biggest ones are pushing 5" and the smallest somewhere around 3.5". I have noticed something with these guys that I have never seen with other Oscars, the dominant ones are VERY pale, almost white. Here are a couple shots to show what I am talking about. There are two real dominant fish with another trying to, his/her color goes between pale and well defined. Have a look and tell me what you think. . .

Thanks for looking,

Ray

·
Registered
373 Posts
Ya, I'd say those are pretty close to the wild strain. The original coloration of Oscars was more pale, green, and red than anything. Your's looks like it has that true wild coloration. I bet with a good diet, and a little more growing, those things will look amazing! Good Job! Very Pretty fish!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would hope that they are actually wild, since I was there to land them when they arrived on a flight from Bogota :lol:

And thanks by the way, I hope they turn out like i think they will :thumb:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is an updated pic of one of the dominant fish, they are now between 6-7" with one giant over 8"

·
Registered
373 Posts
Whoa! Turning lighter??

·
Registered
677 Posts
beautiful fish...

·
Registered
173 Posts
wow.. I have a wild Columbian but mine is not that light. he is just about 3" and not the boss of the tank.. yet atleast.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks all, they are really becoming a handfull. They are starting to snatch the shrimp that I feed to the rays. . . Their growth with explode with shrimp on the diet I think. I have 14 of them now, sheesh! :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts