Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Here are a few ideas :Red Zebras, albino Socolofi or Metriaclima callainos"pearl" .

·
Registered
509 Posts
Polit disclaimer: females are not colorful in the least.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I don't think the Hongi and Flavus will play along nicely.......Red Zebra are a good choice....look at the Met. Sp. Msobos as well. They are tough mbuna and the females and males both have nice colors. With that being said, I still don't think the Flavus and Hongi will get along. But ya never know.....I have a Zebra Long Pelvic and Hongi and they get along well (at least for now) good luck :thumb:

·
Registered
261 Posts
I agree that female polits are not that great looking but if ur looking for really cool fish i strongly recommend them.The beauty of the male off sets the ugly females in my opinion

·
Registered
509 Posts
Sure, I just want to make sure the females are brought to attention because when you google images of polits they rarely seem to show the females.

Also, male polits may take a very long time to color up in a community tank. Mine still are all brown, even the males.

·
Registered
69 Posts
esparzar1 said:
I don't think the Hongi and Flavus will play along nicely.......Red Zebra are a good choice....look at the Met. Sp. Msobos as well. They are tough mbuna and the females and males both have nice colors. With that being said, I still don't think the Flavus and Hongi will get along. But ya never know.....I have a Zebra Long Pelvic and Hongi and they get along well (at least for now) good luck :thumb:
I am a big fan of the msobos. Males are amazing looking and females give the yellow look to a tank. And as esparzar said they are tough. I got both flavus and msobo in my tank. Both dom males are pretty much same size and no issues between them. With that said, my flavus has 5 females and msobo has four.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts