Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got 2 new afr, cichlids last night. one i think is a yellow lab and the other is i have no clue. it's bright orange and i cant find a pic online to compare it to, but my tank is now cloudy as heck. already had about 12 of i guess the standard blue and yellow cichlids in it. ( horizontal stripes ) still cant find someone who can tell me how to tell the difference between male and females. i caught them in a pond in florida over 2yrs ago. but why is my 55gal tank so cloudy now?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
prov356 said:
Is this a new setup, and is the tank cycled? Have you tested the water for ammonia or nitrite?

no, its not a new set up and the pH seems to be in the right range. did not add any water, but did add gravel and decor, as well as new filters

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
Agreed, tell us more about the filter replacements. What did you replace, when, and how? You should get a test kit for ammonia and nitrite and check those levels. Might be a good idea to pick up some Prime or Ammolock if you don't have any, as you may need it to detox ammonia, if it's present.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Get pics and we can help ID the fish (in the right forum of course!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.