Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it started about 2 months ago I had to move all my fish from my 55 to a 20 gallon long due to a small leak in the tank while being repaired. Obviously all the fish were unhappy and stressed being stuck in this little tank, some ripped fins, only one loss of life thank god. But all has been well since I moved them all back in the 55 about a month ago. All color has returned to all the fish in full, I have kept up on my weekly water changes and kept water conditions to the best I could with some extra water changes to this tank in the middle of the week also. All my levels are bare min. under 5ppm on nitrate, 0 nitrite, 0 amonia, and 8.0ph. So the one eye gets a little better one day and then the next it looks the same, its been almost 2 months now and would have figured it would have gone away on its own but hasnt. So is it Melafix that is the best medication, or something else? I dont remember which it was.... Thanks

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
It may be permanently damaged, but it's worth trying Melafix to see if it will help. You might try adding some table salt too- 1 TBS per 10 gallons to start.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will go buy some melafix today just to see if it works, I QTed him today, randomly last night I noticed him getting picked on by my borleyi who is a way less dominant fish and he started hiding on the side of the tank behind rocks which he never did before and his eye looked a little worse so I hope its not some other thing I am missing. No changes have been made in the tank since the move and I kept the same filters with the fish in all the moves in order to keep BB in the water with them. I always use aquarium salt at least 1 teaspoon- per 10 gallons on water changes. I will also up that to 1 tablespoon for today with him when I do my water change later on this evening.... :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts