Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a Metriaclima Callainos (Colbolt Blue Zebra Female), and an Elongatus Mpanga (Mpanga Female).
And they are always mouth to mouth. Please help! :-? :-? :-? :eek: :fish:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
What other fish are in the tank? You might have to rehome one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@DJRansome - I own an Yellow Lab, 2 Mpanga's, A Peacock and A Colbolt Blue. (There is one baby from the colbolt and male Mpanga that is in the tank.)

@noki - I have no clue to be honest. I got told that it's a female and the other (Picture below) is a male

Attachments

·
Registered
9,068 Posts
JujceBox said:
@DJRansome - I own an Yellow Lab, 2 Mpanga's, A Peacock and A Colbolt Blue. (There is one baby from the colbolt and male Mpanga that is in the tank.)

@noki - I have no clue to be honest. I got told that it's a female and the other (Picture below) is a male
That picture is of a Labeotropheus maybe fuelleborni

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
What are the dimensions of the tank?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
noki said:
JujceBox said:

That picture is of a Labeotropheus maybe fuelleborni
I dunno ma dude
PM me your email, I'll send a photo of each, gotta pull the Macro lense out.

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
If your tank is 2 feet or 24 inches it is too small for the fish you have stocked.

Most Malawi do best in 48" or longer...some limited species might do well in a 36" tank.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DJRansome said:
If your tank is 2 feet or 24 inches it is too small for the fish you have stocked.

Most Malawi do best in 48" or longer...some limited species might do well in a 36" tank.
So I need to Up the tank size. What type of filter should I get for it, I have the basic equipment at the moment.

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
I would not mix the mbuna and the peacock that you have. And if you are going to keep the mpanga I would go for a 48" x 18" or larger.

You don't want more than 4 species though.

·
Registered
9,068 Posts
You need to know what you have also. I see a male Labeotropheus and a male Elongatus Mpanga. Is your "Peacock" one of the oddity hybrids?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
noki said:
You need to know what you have also. I see a male Labeotropheus and a male Elongatus Mpanga. Is your "Peacock" one of the oddity hybrids?
I cant remember what type of Peacock it is, I do know it isnt being attacked or attacking. it is just homeless. I cant send a picture of the peacock, its a NEF and too big.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts