Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Its been 20 years since I had my last cichlid tank and OMG, how times and technology has changed. I started my new 90 gallon tank 8 weeks ago (now I wish I got 130 gallons). I have two Tidal 110 HOB's and a fluval _FX4. I have been doing daily water testing and water changes to address cloud and algea blooms when needed through the cycling process..My latest water test today 1/31/18 was Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate around 2.0, PH 8.0 and water temp at 78.8 and my water is chrystal clear. Most of my new fish are juvenile averaging around 2" with great color..I have two ob's ( 1 male 1 female) and 1 electric yellow male that are 4" and all very mello. 3 mbuna small and all the rest peacocks averaging around 2". About a total of 25 fish in the last 3 weeks...all new. i see them all hiding in the back some of the time..Is this normal? Pecking order has been established.

·
Super Moderator
40,535 Posts
It's normal for fish to hide in a new tank...but if they don't start coming out in a month, you may want to fine tune your stocking.

For a large variety, think about an all-male tank and stocking of about 12 individuals. Skip the mbuna and no fish that look alike.

For mixed genders, think in terms of 4 species with 1m:4f of each.

In m:f pairs the male is likely to kill the female.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.