Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
many automatically say you can't or shouldn't place plants in with cichlids. Just wanted to post to say that while some may have issues, it's certainly possible.

I have had my mbunas in with plants since day one - about 4 months now and no issues - the plants are thriving and i have yet to see any fish nibble or otherwise disturb the plants in any way. I also have tetras in with my cichlids and i have never seen any cichlid give chase or otherwise bother the tetras!

Now my fish may uproot the plants or eat them as they (fish) get bigger (same for tetras) but so far, so good. I'm also looking at many of the rock only tanks found in these forums and the backgrounds and thinking i'll end up doing that eventually but for now, i'm enjoying the greenary.

Cheers!

·
Registered
299 Posts
I usually don't like "tank decorations" in my tanks, but those huts are really cute. Where did you get them? Love your tank, very nicely done!

·
Registered
211 Posts
wait till they get bigger! :lol: i have no idea if that would change anything

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
londonloco said:
I usually don't like "tank decorations" in my tanks, but those huts are really cute. Where did you get them? Love your tank, very nicely done!
Big Als - If i had to start my tank over again, i'd likely leave the decorations out, but when i first saw the huts, i couldn't resist and as they actually have doors and are hollow inside, the fish often go inside and use them as caves/hiding spots - they like hiding underneath too - especially the cats.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts