Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cichlid is undergoing ich treatment, according to the instructions given by the medication, I am suppose to add an additional dose on the 4th day and the 7th day if the problem persists.

the liquid is blue in color but after 2 days the water in the tank has changed to yellowish in color

my question is, during this treatment phase, is it ok to change the water like 20% or do i have to let the medication run its full cycle before i am allowed to change.

i am afraid that the yellowish water might do harm to my cichlid

any help will be appreciated on this matter

thank you.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
I say the more water changes the better. I don't know what treatment you are using, but in general, by the time the directions say to add another dose, the first dose is no longer active. With ich- you can help remove the organisms by siphoning the substrate during treatment.

So, without knowing what drugs, what size tank, or what fish you are treating, I still think it's a good idea to do a 50% water change before the next dose.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anti white spot treatment, brand - interpret
15 Litre tank (yes its too small)
1 month old yellow prince cichlid.

·
Registered
211 Posts
*** treated ich before and never changeed the water, you want the meds in the water to kill all of it. if you take some of the water out your taking some of the med out which is allowing the ich to stick around

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
adam0444 said:
I've treated ich before and never changeed the water, you want the meds in the water to kill all of it. if you take some of the water out your taking some of the med out which is allowing the ich to stick around
That's simply not true. :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts