Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a couple yellow labs a month ago. One of the guys turned all white on me and I can't seem to get his color back. I feed him NLS and my water perameters are perfect. All other fish are doing great just this guy. I thought maybe it was stress so, I bought some smaller labs for him to bully to get his confidence back but, nothing. The two small fry labs even have all there color? Any ideas?

·
Registered
424 Posts
There is a lot of issues with dirty gene pools in yellow labs. Most often they have red zebra blood but I have come across pearlmutt offspring as well. Does it have bars as well as the white?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea? he does have real light orangish vertical bars. The only weird thing is that he was yellow when I put him in the tank. He turned white right in front of me.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, he won't hold still for me! I'm not sure what the deal is his not being bullied or anything. I've never really encountered a problem like this. :-?

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Hmm...I had a female saulosi turn almost white one time. She stayed white for a good 3-4 days and then went back to normal. Never figured out why.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, I thought he would just get over it but it's been a month now. so, I'm not to sure

·
Registered
424 Posts
WOW! you weren't kidding. It is bright white almost like it lost all of its melanin, but it still has black eyes. That is a thinker there.

·
Registered
9,070 Posts
There are Labidochromis that look like that, thou not common in the hobby, but hard to explain why it would be yellow then white.

·
Registered
554 Posts
his fin does look pretty nipped in that picture. Try the taking out?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.