Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi :) I know my question is long but if you know anything about Cichlid territory problems/Oscars/or Jack Demseys I would appreciate your help greatly thanks :)
I have had
1 9" oscar
1 6" pleco
1 7" iridescent shark
1 5" Geophagus altifrons
1 8" columbian/silver shark
1 5" brown hoplo
in a 65 gallon yes I know most of these fish will outgrow my tank that is not an issue because a good friend of mine has a 5,000 gallon and will take them when necessary so don't bother me about it that's not my question my question is I got a 7 inch Jack Dempsy on wednesday and added it to my tank my Oscar (of course) chased him to a corner I have read that if I take the 2 of them out and rearrange the tank they may solve their territory issue(With a bit of conflict on who gets what territory of course) but I was wondering should i take ALL the fish out or just the Jack Dempsy and Oscar?

·
Registered
74 Posts
In a 65 gallon yes I know most of these fish will outgrow my tank that is not an issue because a good friend of mine has a 5,000 gallon and will take them when necessary

I think they've started outgrowing it and its necessary to start giving them to that friend...[/quote]

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I think the whole tank is the O's territory and he doesn't like to share.

If you are lucky, he will show who is boss and tolerate the JD.

....Bill

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I never heard of taking them out and rearranging the tank. I know people that have rearranged the tank and solved the territory issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.