Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi :) I know my question is long but if you know anything about Cichlid territory problems/Oscars/or Jack Demseys I would appreciate your help greatly thanks :)
I have had
1 9" oscar
1 6" pleco
1 7" iridescent shark
1 5" Geophagus altifrons
1 8" columbian/silver shark
1 5" brown hoplo
in a 65 gallon yes I know most of these fish will outgrow my tank that is not an issue because a good friend of mine has a 5,000 gallon and will take them when necessary so don't bother me about it that's not my question my question is I got a 7 inch Jack Dempsy on wednesday and added it to my tank my Oscar (of course) chased him to a corner I have read that if I take the 2 of them out and rearrange the tank they may solve their territory issue(With a bit of conflict on who gets what territory of course) but I was wondering should i take ALL the fish out or just the Jack Dempsy and Oscar?

·
Registered
25 Posts
your pretty much going to have territory issues not matter what you do, best bet is to wait it out, and if it doesnt work, pick which fish you really want and get rid of something.

·
Registered
74 Posts
In a 65 gallon yes I know most of these fish will outgrow my tank that is not an issue because a good friend of mine has a 5,000 gallon and will take them when necessary

I think they've started outgrowing it and its necessary to start giving them to that friend...[/quote]

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I think the whole tank is the O's territory and he doesn't like to share.

If you are lucky, he will show who is boss and tolerate the JD.

....Bill

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I never heard of taking them out and rearranging the tank. I know people that have rearranged the tank and solved the territory issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts