Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up some cichlids yesterday from a wholesaler, they look great so far, and i also picked up a yo yo and 2 clown loaches. Well the clown loaches died today, probably due to stress and the need for perfect water for them. I was recommended by the wholesaler who will cover the two that died for free, either tiger, red tail blue, or skunk loaches instead of the clowns due to the fact that they are hardier like the yo yo. Considering that the skunk keep a relatively smaller size would work best for me so *** been considering that.

I would be getting them at about the 2-3 inches size. I was thinking 4 of them. I have some small african juveniles, taiwan reef, blue dolphin, acei, and ruby red that are around that size as well. Do you think that would be a problem?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I keep a Tiger Loach with my Mbuna and he is a great fit, I actually plan to eventually get him some friends. But he doesn't back down from a bout with my Lab. Hongi or anyone really. Pretty cool to see a loach stand up to a cichlid. Probably one of my favorite fish I've ever owned.

I don't see a problem, in my opinion loaches are great tankmates and add some variety to the tank if you are not a total purist. Besides catfish, they are only other type of fish I will add to my cichlid tanks.

I kept a skunk loach with South Americans years ago and he was fine. Have fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts