Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below are pictures of my new firemouth. This is the first time I have owned a firemouth, and having one has completely confirmed my feeling that the firemouth has the most beautiful eyes of any cichlid. Firemouth eyes are like blue jewels beaming out of the tank.

So which cichlid do you think has the best eyes?

So which cichlid do you think has the best eyes??

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Lol I think it depends on the individual fish. I have a couple Midas with blue eyes, it's not strictly a firemouth trait. Like Kujo here:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Welllll mine's a hybrid (Super Red Texas) but when I first got him I couldn't stop looking at his eyes. :)

P.S. Sinister, how's your Draco doing? She was always my favorite blue-eyed Midas to see updates on :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
I think it is most definitely be sajica.... their eyes shine the brightest light blue, but its difficult to capture with the camera.

Female:

Female and male in breeding colours:

Burt :)

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Natalie said:
P.S. Sinister, how's your Draco doing? She was always my favorite blue-eyed Midas to see updates on :)
I'm afraid I have some bad news for you then...I guess one night something spooked her...I was sitting upstairs (her tanks was downstairs) and heard this HUGE crash. I went down thinking a cat had been up on a shelf and broken something, only to see Draco flopping around on the floor - which is concrete, as it's an unfinished basement. I grabbed her and put her back in the tank right away, but she did some damage to herself. First she had to crash through the 1" opening at the back of the glass tank lid, then she would have flopped down onto the bench the tank sits on, and from there fallen another 4 feet down onto the concrete...I threw some salt and some meds in there for her right away, but she died overnight. I was thoroughly PO'd.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Macfish beat me to it.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I also have to vote for sajica!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Kudo's for the Nano eyes! :thumb: I have always been a huge fan! Unfortunately my last one passed the other night. :(

But of course you guys know I love the EBJD eyes:

Cole~

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
While I love all the blue eyes. My vote is tied between Natalie's SRT and Burtle's Midas with the cat eyes. I can't decide which one I like the best. :popcorn:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow---All very impressive! But, I have to agree with the above (lil mama), and I have to add Sinister's Midas for a 3-way tie.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
the bright ruby colored eyes of my flowerhorn, for me, nothing better then the flaming evil eyes of this guy

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Sweet, :drooling: sweet fish Gage. He looks like he is smirking at you. I agree his eyes are awesome. Wow beautiful fish rrrrrrrrrr oh man I want one!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
hehe, thanx lil mama, he isnt in tip top shape in that pic, i had just done a water change, so his kok is down a lot, and with the flash, his pearls are drained in color, they are actually ice blue.

·
Registered
539 Posts
My Severum has a real nice red eye, ill try and get a good upclose pic of it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts