Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have here Sasha, I don't exactly know what species she is. I have been told by tropical fish experts that she's of the Madagascar variety, but I don't know that for sure. She's got a lot of very striking, specific features that makes it easy to compare to other cichlids.

I have tried to guess what she is by cross referencing the profiles pages and databases of cichlids I find, but I haven't found a fish just looks exactly like her. I theorized she could be a jack dempsey, but now that she's reached almost 6 inches, I'm starting to doubt that as a possibility.

It's really honestly fine if she is a common species, I just want to know what she might be.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You might be right, she doesn't have any black spots at all and there aren't spots on her face.

A hybrid was my first thought, so that would make sense

·
Registered
9,071 Posts
I dunno about these types for sale anymore and what they are exactly. Very attractive Central American cichlid. The Madagascar similarity is just coincidence with Paratilapia species.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.