Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at an LFS a few days ago and liked these cichlids but didn't know what they are. Your help and guidance is sought:

·
Registered
485 Posts
? Cleithracara Maronii (Keyhole cichlid) ?

·
Registered
912 Posts
I'm with SK, they are definitely some sort of Andinoacara, and I'd believe Green Terrors of some sort.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks huys... GTs grow to 8" and I don't have a tank to put them in...

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks SK... not buying them but the juveniles looked kinda cute...

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was googling to try and find what these fish are and came across African Butterfly Cichlid (Anomalochromis thomasi) they looked pretty similar...

what do you say???

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
I do not think so. Or rather no way are they young thomasi. :wink: But a better bit of video or photo would help. They look like they could be quite a few things inc a couple mentiond but no way can I tell for sure from that vidio on my system. :oops:

They do look cute and healthy but no way can I ID em from that.
They may not be a cross but then you have to wonder why they are not labeled up as what they are. :wink:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
May be these will help but the quality isn't much better as they are from the same cellphone...

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Sorry still no way I can guess what they are.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bandits may be???

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the more I see this picture the more convinced I become that these are the fish that were in the tank, not adults but juveniles:

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
just because they have the spot? there are a few that have spots like that as juvies, but lose them as they color up as adults

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
then what are these fish? how big do they get?

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
After the second batch of pictures, I'm positive they're green terrors. Only other possibility would be blue acaras, because they look so similar, but probably green terrors. Definitely not a Geophagus species, and not A. thomasi either.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I wish it was that simple cjacob316...

The LFS just knows these are cichlids and thats it, no location, no idea how big they can get, & nothing else...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts