Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
The top lot are some kind of metriaclima. Not sure which, hard to say. Maybe red top zebras?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input. Would you need better pics? And pardon my ignorance but are Red Top Zebra just the name or is it supposed to have red accents? Because in person they have no red at all. The bottom on sort of looks like a Mbuna but the pic is kinda blurry. I also have a light purple-pinkish that I'm going to try to get some pics of.

·
Registered
554 Posts
They're both some sort of mbuna. I guessed red top because they look a bit like that. I think red tops have some red, but if they're new then they might be shy and pale.
There are many brownish metriaclima, and that little black spot on each side, plus the shape, is a pretty good sign that I have at least given you a starting point.
Google metriaclima, and see if you find something that looks like it. Use those names to look at the fish profiles here, that should get you a start.

For the second one a better picture is sort of essential. You get so many different kinds of blue barred ones.

Maybe give us their sizes as well?

·
Registered
9,068 Posts
They look like a lot of fish... various Zebra and Afra types, or may be hybrids. Really can't tell from those pics. Any male in color? that last pic is way too blurry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts