Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a video of C. dimerus pair who finally had their spawn success. They have been spawning for maybe 5 times before, but they always ate the eggs etc. Anyway, they've been about a month in a private 200l breeding tank and now we've got a tankfull of wigglers! :) Any pointers from who have been raising dimerus are appreciated! ...and naturally any comment is welcome ;)

Cheers!
NoiR

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Hi NoiR,

Great looking C. dimerus and an amazing video; thank you for sharing. I have not kept C. dimerus; therefore, unfortunately no advice from me.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
update on the C. dimerus fry:

approx. two weeks have passed since the hatching and the fry is doing good so far. They have approx. tripled their size in two weeks. Breeding pair has been good parents so far, but I had to remove them today as they began fighting. The tank is a complete mess, since the breeding pair have been "aquascaping" it for the last few weeks. There is also loads of brown algae on all the surfaces. I haven't been cleaning it off since I wanted to guarantee the nitrobacteria (?) is kept at it's most effective state on every possible surface; the nutrient load of the tank is quite heavy atm. since you have to feed the fry every few hours during day time. Anyway, here's an updated flick, hope you enjoy!

cheers
NoiR

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Hi NoiR,

Thank you for the updates. Your pair looks great; I am glad to see they are still bonded and prducing fry. Your growouts are looking good; how many do you think you have?

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your comment Matt!

I have no idea how many growouts I have. Maybe a couple of hundred... it's pretty hard to tell really! :) I fear they will run out of space in their 200l tank. They should be grown to some 4 cm length before putting them forward, so it will be pretty crowded in a tank that size with ~200+ fish! Maybe I'll move some of them to the 450l SA cichlid tank when they are big enough to not get eaten...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts