Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this year I purchased 19 German Red Peacocks.

I have a 60 gallon tank that they are currently in, along with a little calvus that was supposed to be an inkfin, but I don't think it is, and a few pleco's.

It's a bare bottomed tank, so rather ugly, but my water parameters are always fantastic.

I would like to pick my best male, and keep about five females, and remove the others to another tank, because one, I would like to breed them, and two, from what I'm seeing, I don't think the most dominant male is really going to be the best color wise. They are all between 2.5 - 3 inches at this point, my best guess.

I think by splitting them into two tanks, it would allow me to see better colors on the sub-dom male and give me a clearer picture of his potential. My dom male is really pretty...if you like the brighter yellow and blue look. I was hoping for more red. My sub-dom male is smaller, and less clear but seems to be a ton redder.

My question is...with one 60 gallon tank, and one 45 gallon tank (plans for a larger, longer tank went awry) how many German red peacocks do you think I should do in either tank? I don't want to do so few that I cause aggression issues.

Thanks for all your input in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.