Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting Severums for a while now. I found a store with Gold Sevs that are a tad bigger than a quarter. Any tips on assessing their quality? They all seem very active and swim up to the glass when you're near. I'm worried they might be easily bred which could result in poor specimens...I just don't know what to look for.

Also, I've been considering getting a Firemouth for a different tank. The store has a nice fish that has great coloration. The only problem is the dorsal fin clearly has a nip on it. It's not a huge chunk but noticeable. Will it grow back?

Last question: Which tank size under 55g is the most versatile and worth picking up in your opinion? I have a 55, 90 x 2, and will be picking up a 125 soon...I have a 29g for quarantine/hospital. There's someone here selling 20H, 20L, 30g, 40L. I was thinking of maybe getting a smaller show tank

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Each of those tank sizes will have a use, depending on what you want to keep and how much space you have. For a smaller show tank, the longest tank would be the best choice, as it will have the biggest footprint.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts