Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about putting a few silver dollars with my chocolate cichlid. my question is about plants. my chocolate loves the floating anubias in the tank and so do i... but, hearing how sd's love to eat plants, will they destroy the plants completely? if yes, i will stay away because i think its important to have them in there to keep the chocolate comfortable.

any thoughts? I am fine with just sticking with tetras (currently a school of black skirts) but want to explore options.

thanks.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
This is coming a bit late, but I have had Chocolates (still have one) and SD's in my 125 gallon. The SD's destroyed all the softer leaved plants. I was and am able to grow swords, Anubias and java fern, along with jungle vals, in that tank. However, the caveat is that my tank is CO2 injected so the plants grow very very fast.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
never too late. thanks for the info.
i dont do co2, just like the anubias because they are so low maintenance. i think i am leaning towards a large school of bleeding hearts. i think they are large enough to not get eaten and they will look nice.

thank you for your feedback, any pics of your choco?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.