Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im amazed what chiclids can do! they can seem to change the world around them to suit them i have had Kribs who have moved gravel larger then there mouths and now my mainganos have dug a hole under a PVC pipe and under a large rock creating the largest pile of sand in history which i had to flatten down. ( i should have taken a photo )

so what can your chiclid do! Please add photos if possible to show chiclid MEGASTRUCTURES! :eek:

·
Registered
105 Posts
yep amazing aren't they!
my maingano male is the biggest culprit, followed by a cobalt blue.
after *** done a vacuum and tidied things up their back at it within minutes of me finishing.
sand hills like you would stand on to get the best view. :lol: :lol:

great to watch, sit back and enjoy the show. :popcorn:

regards chromedome :thumb:

·
Registered
105 Posts
these fish are fantastic, they have personality plus.
i never thought such small things could give so much.
or is it small things amuse small minds?
mmm i'm well and truly amused :wink:

regards chromedome :thumb:

·
Registered
191 Posts
my sciaenochromis Fryeri is cool as i place "HIS" PVC pipe n front of the tank so i can see him inside my hand is still in the tank i see a massive cloud of sand and hes in his pvc on the back wall of the tank he bulldosed it this piece of PVC is atleast double his size and 2 times hiis height and 4 times his width. he used his mouth to grip it. it was so cool :lol:

·
Registered
589 Posts
My cichlids have always piled up mounds of sand as they dug out thier holes and trenches, but my frontosa I used to have took issue with a large plastic plant I had attached to the back wall of the tank. He would take it in his mouth and pull and shake it like a dog until pieces of it were floating all over the tank. I should have taken a video.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts