Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow. I live in San Diego now. Been here for 9 years. Anyway, I was browsing through the review section for Illinois reminiscing and noticed King Coral not there. Is he gone? If so it's sad. There were a few places in the erea that were really good.

king Coral.

Skandles. In the far west suburbs. (A horse farm with a guy who new cichlids well) I heard he got another job.

Some place up north, I believe close to grand ave. (Dont remember the name) last I heard he was a manager at a petsmart. He had all of the really hard to find fish back in the 90's. Had the best looking peackocks I've seen till this day. And other cichlids that I have'nt seen since.

A place in the western suburbs in Elmhust or Villa Park. (The name may have been Pet Spot?) That was where I saw the first albino ereka red peacock on display.

Tropicana in North Riverside. Early 80's. Going waaaaaay back. First time I saw Buffalo heads. (Sorry.....I was a kid...lol)

The reason I bring this up is it seems the only places left that I USED TO GO TO are the hormone places. This is sad

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sent you a PM

1 - 2 of 2 Posts