Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is this, I have received three diffrent shipments of Chewere's. First shipment were all great. The following 2 were half emaciated with the sunken belly's. They look awful. I called the first company and they did'nt have much to say about it since they did'nt die as of yet. they lasted approx 3 weeks then a few of them died. and the 3 remaining from that second shipment died later as well. They of course blame my water. Which has several other cihlids with no problems at all. And the water tests are all well within normal. So as I was not satisfied with the first company I ordered some more from another company. They came in couple days ago and two of them look the same emaciated and sunken bellys. Still alive so what do I do? I believe both companys are very well represented via feedback from this site and with additional research as well on the internet. Is this a Chewere trait or am I just getting a couple bad fish? If theres something I can do to help the fish please let me know. I really like these guys they are one of my favorites. In all I have lost 6 fish all the second batch and I am concerned since this third batch looks the same that this will be short lived as well.

·
Super Moderator
40,501 Posts
It is not a characteristic of any fish that I know of and I might try metronidazole. Are they wild?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No not wild. Its just been an issue now at two diffrent places. You know you see em like that in a pet store occasionaly but you dont buy them. They come to house that way so in no way is it something im doing. Thanks Ill get some tomorrow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts