Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a lot of questions on mixing African Cichlids with Oscars. 2 days ago I had to mix my full grown male Chewere 4.5" with my 6-7" inch Oscars. Space issue. My Chewere would kill my other Cichlids, so after having to keep a special tankjust for him, I decided to try him with my Oscars. My ph has been around 7.8 in my Oscar tank for awhile now so I tried it. My Cichlid has a clay pot he hides in that has holes too small for the Oscars to get into so I moved it over with him. After my Red Oscar fanned him a few times they seem to be doing great. The Cichlid ventures out on occasion hiding here and there then will stroll from one end to the other unobstructed. I know the ph always seems to be the reason not to do this, but they are all healthy and doing well. My Tiger Oscar is maybe 7" my Red Oscar 6". I did keep them divided for about 2 weeks but needed to open up the space. Just thought I would post this as information only hoping others that may own a problem Chewere can not give him tank mates.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts