Complete
A.C.C.R.

Seachem:
Prime
Stability
Akaline Buffer
Cichlid Lake Salt
Cichlid Trace

I am sure some of these products do the same? Do I need anything else? Stress Guard?

Through buying all this from various people I am kind of confused to use what/when? ie., water changes/regularly/adding fish and what not: Can anyone explain simply so I know?

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
I would cycle with ammonia (no fish) and use only Prime which is a dechlorinator needed to remove toxins from tap water.

Get the API Freshwater Master Test kit and test your pH to decide if you need buffer or "lake" salt.

I would not use any of the other items or buy additional chemicals.

·
Registered
641 Posts
DJRansome said:
Get the API Freshwater Master Test kit and test your pH to decide if you need buffer or "lake" salt.
+1.

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
I would.

·
Registered
505 Posts
At the very least you will need to add a dechlorinating agent, salts, and something to increase the pH when you do water changes. You already have the Seachem products to do that- Prime (or Stability), Cichlid Lake Salt, and Alkaline (Malawi) Buffer. I'd keep them all, and use them at every water change. Some members (ahem) have a thing about using chemicals, which I find difficult to understand. The fishes are expensive, the chemicals are not, and water quality is important. Good Luck. :fish:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts