Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While doing some AquaScaping I found that my local Lowe's sells 12x12 slate tiles for $1.88.
that is a lot cheaper then my LFS at 2.95 per lb.

After taking a hammer and file to them they stack/Get GE S1 Glued together very well.

If anyone is interested i can post some picture.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I get them at Home Depot, they have a package that sells for like $10, comes with about 7 or 8 nice sized pieces. For some reason the Lowes around here don't sell slate.

·
Registered
220 Posts
coltion said:
While doing some AquaScaping I found that my local Lowe's sells 12x12 slate tiles for $1.88. that is a lot cheaper then my LFS at 2.95 per lb.

After taking a hammer and file to them they stack/Get GE S1 Glued together very well.

If anyone is interested i can post some picture.
I would love to see some pix, I never thought about DIY stores, I found a local landscaping place that sells it for 38¢/lb

·
Registered
220 Posts
Could they be siliconed to egg crate? I would think that would make an awesome backgroud. Anyone try this?

·
Registered
220 Posts
sjnovakovich said:
Could they be siliconed to egg crate?
I have been contemplated doing much the same thing with a 28g bowfront w/mirror back, but what is this "eggcrate" I keep seeing?

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
It will work if you like all those sharp edges; I don't. the slate I use is all from Lake Ontario, and all the edges are worn smooth by water action.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thx GTZ, I actually thought y'all were talking real egg crate, lol :oops:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts