Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm changing my stock list a little. I currently have 12 demasoni (+ 39 fry growing in seperate tanks), 11 yellow labs, 2 red zebras, a pleco and 2 Synos in my 55g. I am going to be removing the 2 Red Zebras and about 6 Yellow Labs.

Any suggestions on another species to add?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
A few Acei would look nice maybe 5 or so, they can get large though.
Have a look at the Cyno Lions, they are a browny yellow type color and females are attractive to.
There is always the blue cobalt zebras to consider
Possibly even step out a bit and get a trio of red empress might be pushing it a bit.
Crabro is another one, very aggresive i think.
Also look at some of the other Labs. The perlmutts are really nice as so are some of the others.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would get 6 Aceis and a few of a different kind of lab.

Alternatively, you could get some Msobo Deep instead of the Labs or the Aceis. Make sure that you get 5-7 Aceis so they can swim in groups. I had three at one time, but they looked so much nicer when doubled their numbers.

Cheers! :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
Cynotilapia sp. hara Gallireya Reef (a.k.a. White Tops or Blue Reefs).

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies.

I was looking through the profiles and like the Ice Blue Zebras (Metriaclima greshakei). I might give those a try. Anybody have any suggestions on why I shouldn't add them? Or any other suggestions.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Yeah they are pretty nice, also have a quick look at the pyrsonotos similar looking.
They should both go ok

1 - 6 of 6 Posts