Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently became a new Mbuna owner. I have a 75g tank, good parameters, etc...

For a Chailosi female, is there any chance that there should be any shade of blue? Im trying really hard to make sure I have correct ratios, but I think of the 6 I have, only 1 is female.... 3 of the fish have prominent blue heads, 2 of them have hints of blue.

I guess Im looking for clarification. I assume that the females have zero blue, but I want to be sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
*** been watching them very closely, **** my wife is now obsessed with them too. The dominant male was pretty much solid, jet black, where he has black. He has claimed the left 1/3 of the tank. He chases anyone and everyone away. He had a full mouth to mouth battle with one of the males. I rearranged the rocks over there and killed the lights. Last evening and this morning, things appear to have calmed down.

I have 4 more females (fingers crossed) coming, so my ratio is now going to be 5:5 or 4:6. I really feel like Im going to need to get King Chailosi out of there, because it's a matter of when, not if, he ends up killing another fish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts