Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cascade 1000 canister. I feel like it's not flowing as much as it has been in the past. It's only 6 months old. I cleaned it out, cleaned the impeller. The floss pads are shot but I had to put them back in and order more. My question: How do I check to ensure I'm getting proper flow out of this thing?

· Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took it apart twice nothing seems to be working. I'll see if the new floss pads help but they were basically pieces of paper when I went to clean it. I checked penn-plax, first off, cust service stinks, you can't get anyone on the phone, I even left a vm and nobody called me back. I did get in touch with sales but they won't help as it's a different dept which is odd as I've been to their headquarters, it's a small place with one office. But they did have a warranty replacement portal which is simply upload proof of purchase, pay 35 and they'll ship you a new one. So I did that but I used the upc on the old box, I hope it works.

· Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have about 15 fish mbuna's in a 55 gallon, feeding once per day.

Oddly the filter seems to be like it was before for some reason. But I still have the replacement coming which is nice, Now I'll have 2 cascade 1000 for the 55g.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.