Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
41,838 Posts
The Cynotilapia Afra Cobue is actually Cynotilapia zebroides Cobue...same Cynotilapia zebroides you have now except maybe the collection point.

Your fish may be lacking color because there are not enough in your 125G...shoot for 25 individuals for a mixed mbuna tank. I have never seen a pale maingano.

I would not mix Cynotilapia and elongatus.

Afra hara Gallreya Reef White Top...the actual name of the fish is Cynotilpia sp. hara. It is a mid blue fish...you seem to like the more brilliant colors?

Reactions: pakach61

·
Administrator
41,838 Posts
I would not put a phantom pleco with mbuna. Demasoni are difficult to keep and probably even more expensive by the time you buy enough unsexed juveniles to get sufficient females. Shoot for 25 mbuna is a mixed gender mbuna tank that is 72" long...even more with demasoni.

·
Administrator
41,838 Posts
Then shoot for 20 fish. You are going to want at least 17 female demasoni. One male msobo.

·
Administrator
41,838 Posts
As mentioned on the other site, I wait until the extra males either start causing problems (the dominant ones) or start feeling harassed (the sub-dominant ones). Females are confirmed when they hold.

You don't try to sex the fish at purchase. You buy 2X as many unsexed juveniles as you want to end up with and rehome as they cause issues when they mature.

·
Administrator
41,838 Posts
I don't think that 2 male msobo will work long term. Or 1m:4f of the maingano.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts