Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i noticed cloudy eye with my dragonblood. Put him in qt tank. Did a round of kanaplex didnt work. Daily 50% water changes. His lips turned blackish to
Seachem said to administer paraguard but after a whole bottle his eye took a turn for worst. My buddy at lfs said the eyes a goner and all i can do is make sure no infections or to keep him in till he loses his eye and seals it shut. I felt so bad watching it get worse. That and its kinda gross to. Hes eating and acting normal. Noticed a few black spots on body but nothing crazy. Cant get alot of medication here as Canada removed tons of meds for fish off shelves. Could this be flukes or similar and praziquantel the only treament? Please help me

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
40,491 Posts
Looks like something is growing on the eye? Fuzzy? I would try Pimafix to get rid of any fungus. The goal is to get rid of whatever is growing on the eye.

I agree with your LFS though, the eye will probably remain cloudy and will not see again. He may live with this fine, or he may show fear of the other fish and become a victim.

I don't think it was/is a parasite. IME eye problems are usually an injury or accompany another illness like bloat.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i tend to agree with it usually a injury which most times clean water and a bit of salt will clear up. Or like my johanni had i used kanaplex and it healed. But this one his lips developed those black spots and his fins were ragged and tearine or rotting which cleared up. The fuzzy is basically the eye popping out but eye flukes or even other types could burrow in fishes eyes or gills or skin. Sucks and looks terrible sometimes so i will probably switch gears and keep it clean in the qt tank and use some anti fungus. I tried to heal it but sometimes we just cant do anything i guess.. especially when you live in Canada and the govt bans a ton of fish medicines

1 - 3 of 3 Posts