Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a 125 gallon with 6 chiclids around 3 inches ea. give or take a few. 4 of them are yellow 1 is white and one is baby blue with a black fin. I really don't know what kind they are or what lake sorry. i'm pretty new to the chiclid world.
I also have 6 1 inch bottom feeding snail eaters and HAD a pleco about 6 or so inches.

A couple of times now over the last 6 months I've found Dead fish in my tank that have been devoured down to the skeleton. just 2 days ago i saw my pleco under his big rock (as usual) eating away doin his thing. today all i found was his skull and spine on the floor of the tank.
Has anyone ever experienced this?
Would it be a parasite?
Are my fish attacking and eating other fish cause i don't feed them enough? (every other day)
I'm totally clueless on all of this so any answers would be helpful.
:D :-?

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
you should do some water tests, to assure your tank has cycled properly. in most cases, fish found as skeleton, were cleaned 'to the bone' by the opportunistic type feeding of omnivores. your 'bottom feeding snail eaters' might fit that profile.
what is killing your fish, would be my #1 concern to trouble shoot, and the first thing to suspect in a new set up is ammonia/nitrite issues. HTH.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts